Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
New Jersey, we’ve got you covered
No-cost or low-cost health coverage from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. Learn about United Healthcare (NJ FamilyCare) health plans we offer in New Jersey.
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
All New Jerseyans deserve affordable health care, including you. At UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, we help people live healthier lives. We’ve worked hard to deliver on that mission in New Jersey since 1989.
We offer plans to help New Jerseyans get healthy — and stay healthy. We cover adults, people with disabilities, expecting moms and children with our New Jersey Medicaid and NJ FamilyCare plans. We offer a Dual Special Needs Plans for those who qualify for both New Jersey Medicaid (FamilyCare) and Medicare.
We’re proud that our NJ Medicaid (FamilyCare) plan is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of NJ has also achieved NCQA’s Long-Term Services and Supports Distinction for our UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete® plan.
See why New Jerseyans choose UnitedHealthcare
Whatever plan you choose, UnitedHealthcare will help you get the care you need.
- Large variety of network providers
- No-cost virtual visits
- Low- or no-cost prescription drugs
- Pre- and postnatal care for pregnant moms and newborns
- Well visits to help catch health problems early, routine shots to help protect against disease, community events, health education workshops and more
It’s easy to enroll. Visit njfamilycare.org or call the NJ FamilyCare phone number at 1-800-701-0710, TTY 1-800-701-0720.
Find COVID-19 resources and information in New Jersey, including local vaccination sites near you.
New Jersey health plans as low as $0 cost
UHC NJ Medicaid (FamilyCare) Plans:
- Low - or no cost
- Pregnant women and children
- Low income individuals and families
- Blind and disabled Individuals
- All ages
- MLTSS (Managed Long-Term Services and Supports)
NJ Dual Special Needs Plans:
- No cost
- Those qualifying for both Medicaid (FamilyCare) and Medicare
- Blind and disabled individuals
Medicaid: More for you in 2023
As a UnitedHealthcare NJ Medicaid (FamilyCare) member, you’ll get great benefits like:
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Dental includes cleanings, exams, fillings, and other dental work
- One of the largest provider networks available in New Jersey
- Vision including eye exam, glasses or contacts
- Prescription drugs
Dual Special Needs Plans in 2023
New Jerseyans on a UnitedHealthcare Dual Special Needs Plan (or dual health plan) get many extra benefits beyond those you get with either Original Medicare or Medicaid (FamilyCare).
- A monthly credit to buy healthy food and OTC products or pay utility bills
- Free gym membership through Renew Active® and free Fitbit®
- Meals delivered to your door after every inpatient hospital stay
The Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) program is focused on serving frail, elderly and disabled individuals. This program combines traditional health care benefits (doctor visits, hospital stays, labs) and long-term services and supports (providing help in home or community with daily living activities) such as:
- Care management — someone to get you the care and support you need
- Home and vehicle modifications — in-home medical and safety equipment, plus vehicle modifications, if needed
- Home meal delivery — if you can't safely make meals, we'll provide them
- Mental health and addiction services cover counseling and other treatments
- 24/7 personal emergency response device to get you help quickly at no cost
- Adult day care provides friendship and social activities in a safe setting
- Respite care — in-home help to give your caregiver a rest
- Personal care — someone to help you with dressing, bathing, and dining
Virtual medical and mental visits (D-SNP members)
$0 copay virtual provider visits to discuss non-emergency medical concerns or general mental health conditions from home.
Speak to network medical or mental health providers using your computer or mobile device. Find participating providers online.
- For medical providers, visit amwell.com
- For mental health providers, visit virtualvisitsmentalhealth.uhc.com
Healthy First Steps®
Our program will help you take the right steps to keep you and your baby healthy. We will help you:
- Choose a pregnancy provider and a pediatrician (child’s doctor)
- Schedule visits and exams and arrange rides to your visits
- Get supplies, including breast pumps for nursing moms
- Connect with community resources such as Women, Infants and Children (WIC) services
You and your providers need to understand each other. Not speaking English makes this difficult. We can arrange for an interpreter to be at your appointments.
Renew Active® fitness program (D-SNP members)
Renew Active is the gold standard in Medicare fitness programs for body and mind and can help keep you active at a gym or from home. It’s available with many UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete® plans, at no cost.
You get a free gym membership at a nearby fitness location that you select from our network.* Most members have a location within just a few miles, some with a pool. You can also bring a family member or a friend to the gym with you to assist in your workout at no cost. If you prefer to work out from home, you can view thousands of on-demand digital videos and live streaming fitness classes.
Renew Active includes:
- Gym membership at no additional cost to you
- Large and extensive fitness network of gyms and fitness locations
- On-demand workout videos and live streaming classes
- Social activities
- Online Fitbit® Community
- AARP® Staying Sharp® — online brain health program
*The Renew Active program varies by plan/area. Access to gym and fitness location network may vary by location and plan.
Health education workshops
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of New Jersey offers free health education workshops to help everyone live healthier lives. We offer programs for children, parents and seniors, and that cover men and women’s health issues.
Workshop topics include:
• Asthma • Lead poisoning • Childhood obesity • Cyber-bullying • Diabetes • Heart disease • Injury prevention • Medication safety • Nutrition • Make your doctor’s visit worthwhile • Parenting skills • Stress management • Understanding breast cancer • Baby showers for expectant moms
Learn about plan types
Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP)
Dual Special Needs Plans (also called dual health plans or D-SNPs for short) are for people who get both Medicaid (FamilyCare) and Medicare. Dual plans cover doctor visits, hospital stays and prescription drugs. They offer more benefits and extras than Original Medicare. You’ll keep all your New Jersey Medicaid (FamilyCare) benefits too.
Medicaid (NJ FamilyCare) Plan
NJ Medicaid (FamilyCare) is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid (FamilyCare) in New Jersey. if you’re pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults also may qualify. Costs to you are low and based on your ability to pay. It’s important to know that Medicaid (FamilyCare) rules and coverage differ from state to state.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.